Saturday 2nd March
Meeting Room 4/5 SUHQ
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Child Protection Training)
Children and young people can be at risk of physical and emotional harm from being mistreated. For this reason, volunteers working with children must be aware of safeguarding measures that are in place to ensure that:
- Any potential abuse or mistreatment of a child or young person is reported appropriately
- You, as a volunteer, are protected from allegations of mistreatment by ensuring that you work in an appropriate and professional manner.
Paediatric Emergency First Aid Training
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation: Adult, child and baby
- Choking and care of the airway
- Care of the unconscious child
- Control of bleeding
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Head injuries
- Common childhood medical conditions: Febrile seizure, Meningitis and septicaemia, Measles, stings.