This broad spectrum school is located in the South of Coventry.
Overview of Volunteer opportunities:
Telephone 02476 453121
Morning: 9:00 12:25
Afternoon: 13:35- 15:05
Approx travel time from campus: 40 minutes.
Students will be working with pupils with moderate learning difficulties and will support individuals and small groups.
- Monday morning: ASDAN and Math - Y10
- Monday afternoon:Science, Math , Food Tech
- Tuesday morning: Photography and Maths - 6th Form
- Tuesday afternoon: Science and Maths
- Wednesday morning: Maths-Literacy support, - 2 Y10 pupils, ASDAN
- Wednesday afternoon: Science
- Thursday morning: Maths
- Friday afternoon: Food Tech
This school have also requested volunteers to support with:
- Daily lunch time Clubs- 12.25 to 12.55: art, dance, board games, football, computer games. Ideal if volunteers are available before or after lesson time.
- Eating and play in the sensory garden for Physically disabled pupils (12.25 to 1.25pm)
- Therapy pool and sensory room sessions and during PE lessons
The pupils would greatly benefit from group work on self esteem, racism and internet safety should any volunteers be intersted in developing a block of sessions.
Anyone looking for a career with PMLD pupils (Profound and Mulitiple Learning Difficulties) in Physio and Occupationnal therapy will find a placment at The Riverbank Academy a valuable experience.
* We would like to ensure that you are allocated a suitable placement.
Therefore, all volunteers who are interested in volunteering at an SEN school will be required submit the following information:
• The reasons why you are interested in a placement at your chosen SEN school
• Any relevant prior experience may have.
• What would make you a good volunteer for an SEN school.