How to edit your volunteering page
- Click 'edit' next to content below to make changes
- Do not alter the title of the section (e.g. 'Banner Image' or 'Block 1 Header') - just the content underneath
- Your banner image should be 1170px wide
- Attention Message
Volunteers run a lunchtime Chess Club at a local school.
- Block 1 Header
- Block 1 text
Enthusiastic volunteers are required to run a lunchtime Chess Club at a local school.
- Block 2 Header
Location and Travel
- Block 2 text
Sessions take place at Grange Farm primary school in Coventry.
We will prebook a taxi to and from this venue, which will leave from campus. If you wish to organise your own travel, visit our travel page to plan your journey to your volunteering activity.
- Block 3 header
- Block 3 text
Sessions take place one lunchtime per week (day TBC). Volunteers need to be available from 11.40am-1.30pm, but don't need to attend every session.
- Block 4 header
- Block 4 text
All volunteers will be required to:
- Complete Safeguarding training
- Complete an Enhanced criminal background check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- In addition, if you have lived outside of the UK for more than 6 months in the past 5 years you need to obtain a criminal record check from the country you lived in. This is commonly referred to as a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’.
We are happy to help you to organise both your safeguarding training and DBS. For more information visit our DBS page.
- block 5 header
How to get involved
- block 5 text
This project is currently on hold due to the Coronavirus.
If you would like to get involved this year when the project reopens please sign up here
Or check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/warwickchessinschools/ or group: 'Warwick Chess in Schools'
- Block 6 header
Why get involved?
- Block 6 text
View our top reasons why you should volunteer