- Attention Message
The Witness Service provides practical help, emotional support and information to witnesses so that they feel valued, respected and informed and able to give their best evidence in court.
- Block 1 Header
- Block 1 text
Support victims and witnesses at Warwickshire Justice Centre
The Citizens Advice Witness Service at Warwickshire Justice Centre is looking for people to join its team of specially trained volunteers supporting victims and witnesses in Leamington Spa Magistrate’s Court.
Duties involve assisting witnesses, their friends and family, with the experience of attending court and giving evidence.
- Block 2 Header
- Block 2 text
- Leamington Spa Magistrates CourtThe Courthouse3 Newbold TerraceLeamington SpaCV32 4EA
- Block 3 header
- Block 3 text
Most volunteers commit to one full day a week (9am - 5pm) but applications for morning or afternoon shifts will be considered.
Due to the level of training required, they are ideally looking for volunteers that can commitment to a minimum of one year.
Days and times volunteers are needed:MorningAfternoonMonday9am - 1pm12pm - 5pmTuesday9am - 1pm12pm - 5pmWednesday9am - 1pm12pm - 5pmThursday9am - 1pm12pm - 5pmFriday9am - 1pm12pm - 5pm
- Block 4 header
- Block 4 text
- Provide two satisfactory references
- Complete an Enhanced criminal background check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Volunteers must complete a minimum of six shadowing sessions before they can start the training.
- Applicants must attend a four day training course (please note: you must pass the training in order to take up the role)
- block 5 header
How to get involved
- block 5 text
Complete their applciation form and send it to Hannawell Storey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable applicants will then be invited to an interview. Although the interview is informal, applicants must achieve a minimum score in order to move forward.
- Block 6 header
Why get involved?
- Block 6 text
- Jumbotron Header
Citizens Advice Witness Service