How to edit your volunteering page
- Click 'edit' next to content below to make changes
- Do not alter the title of the section (e.g. 'Banner Image' or 'Block 1 Header') - just the content underneath
- Your banner image should be 1170px wide
- Attention Message
Coventry Haven help women who have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence to free themselves from the situation they are in. They do this by providing safe housing and a number of support services. These services are run by staff and volunteers and are free of charge.
- Block 1 Header
- Block 1 text
Community Outreach Volunteer
- Raising awareness of domestic violence and abuse in the community.
- Offering support and advice to victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- Supporting the co-ordination and facilitation of sessions for women experiencing domestic violence and abuse, providing a safe environment for them to be listened to, believed and understood, in a women only safe space.
- Deliver activity based outreach sessions on topics of interest for the women to increase skills and improve confidence and empowerment.
Referrals and frontline service delivery
- Answering the helpline and supporting service users and professionals
- Admin duties
- carrying out support/listening session with service users
- signposting service users and professionals/giving out advice and information.
- supporting with group work, whether face-to-face or online workshops
- Provide a quality and confidential counselling service to service users.
- Must be experienced and qualified to Diploma level (2nd year Diploma)
- Answering the helpline and dealing with service users/professionals
- Organising and being responsible for mini-projects.
- Block 2 Header
- Block 2 text
- Block 3 header
- Block 3 text
A few hours a week, Monday-Friday (daytime) for a minimum of 12 months.
- Block 4 header
- Block 4 text
They welcome applications from women over the age of 18, and are keen to recruit volunteers from different cultural backgrounds and with different language capabilities. If you can speak English and another language preferably French, Bengali or an Eastern European language they would love to hear from you.
You will also be required to complete training, a DBS check (for some roles) and reference checks.
- block 5 header
How to get involved
- block 5 text
If you are interested in this project please complete this form to express an interest in volunteering. They will then contact you to arrange an interview, and if selected, you will be invited to a training course. Training is delivered over 4/6 sessions, days and times vary throughout the year. It will cover a variety of topics including:
- the dynamics and impact of domestic abuse
- communication skills
- referrals and advocacy skills
- Coventry Haven policies
If after training you are considered suitable you will be offered a placement. Most volunteers work in the outreach team dealing with face to face and telephone enquiries
For more information visit: http://www.coventryhaven.co.uk/
This project is not managed by Warwick Volunteers.
- Block 6 header
Why get involved?
- Block 6 text
- Block 7 header
This is an external opportunity
- Block 7 text
Warwick Volunteers cannot be held responsible for external volunteering opportunities advertised, but we do make every effort to ensure that all the information we publish is accurate. We advise volunteers to use their own judgement when selecting potential opportunities, and to check all details concerning prospective volunteering activity with the organisation involved. Please make sure that you have received all necessary training and information regarding your own health and safety before commencing volunteering.