Kairos Women Working Together (WWT) believes in the value and dignity of all women. They aim to support, empower, and give a voice to women at risk of or subject to sexual exploitation, including those caught up in sex work, and those aspiring to leave it. They work in Coventry by providing safe spaces, a listening ear and opportunities for change and growth.
We have 5 current voluntary roles available:
1) Donations Co-ordinator – To assess what donations are needed for Kairos WWT’s services, update social media on the donations needed, to arrange donation collections/drop-offs, and to sort through donations given (required 2 hours a week)
2) Outreach and Drop-In Volunteer – supporting women caught up in street-based prostitution, offering them necessities such as food, condoms, clothes, toiletries and harm reduction items (required for 1 in 4 Wednesdays from 7:30-10:00pm)
3) Feeling Safe Group Volunteer – supporting vulnerable women between the ages of 18-24, who have been, or are at risk of sexual exploitation and/or prostitution (required on a weekly or fortnightly basis on Tuesdays from 1:30-4:00pm)
4) Feeling Safe Community Awareness Raising Volunteer – supporting the Feeling Safe Project by delivering sessions to raise awareness within the local community on issues such as sexual exploitation, consent and relationships (required during the daytime once a month)
5) Skills Sharer – someone who is able to attend Kairos WWT events on an ad hoc basis to offer their skills e.g. facilitating sessions such as yoga or hairdressing, or who can offer services such as decorating, man with a van etc (happy to remain on the Kairos WWT’s books as a volunteer to support as and when needed, when the service requires you or your service)
How to get involved
Due to Covid-19 Kairos is not currently recruiting any new volunteers. We will update this page when this situation changes.
If you would like any further information please contact Tianne – email@example.com
Why get involved?
Each voluntary role has a different time commitment. For further details please contact Tianne – firstname.lastname@example.org
A 12 month commitment is preferred in order to provide consistency for the women they work with.
Kairos WWT, Coventry All Saints Church - St Margaret, 50 Walsgrave Road, Stoke, Coventry, CV2 4EB
This organisation reimburses reasonable volunteer travel expenses.
Due to the nature of the work they can only take on female volunteers for the voluntary positions requiring contact with service users.
This is an external opportunity
Warwick Volunteers cannot be held responsible for external volunteering opportunities advertised, but we do make every effort to ensure that all the information we publish is accurate. We advise volunteers to use their own judgement when selecting potential opportunities, and to check all details concerning prospective volunteering activity with the organisation involved. Please make sure that you have received all necessary training and information regarding your own health and safety before commencing volunteering.