The Loft Theatre Company has been producing live theatre in Leamington Spa since 1922. Professional standards are our goal as our brilliant team of volunteers work to bring variety and the very best in community-based theatre to Leamington Spa, to Warwickshire and to our wider audience beyond.
We have six key teams that help run the theatre throughout the year, each made up of anywhere between 5 – 50 volunteers. We recruit on an ongoing-basis for the following roles:
- Lighting Technicians - create lighting schemes for theatre productions and work with teams to turn them from paper to stage
- Sound Engineers - build sound designs for different shows and bring productions to life through sound
- Props Assistants - produce props for our Main House shows which can include making, buying and borrowing different items.
- Wardrobe Assistants - use your sewing skills to support the local theatre wardrobe team
- Bar and Coffee Assistants - serve refreshments before, during and after the show to all our audience members
- Front of House Stewards - welcome audiences, check tickets, show them to their seats and help them have a wonderful night at the theatre
How to get involved
For more information about the Loft Theatre Company, please visit their website: http://loft-theatre.co.uk/
This is an external project Warwick Volunteers does not have any involvement with the management of these activities.
2-3 hours per week with a minimum period of 6 month's commitment.
Volunteering times are flexible and can include evenings and week-end.
The Loft Theatre
Some volunteering roles can be done from home.
Travel expenses are not reimbursed by this organisation.
Benefits of volunteering
- Meet like-minded individuals who are passionate about the theatre
- Gain experience in a new area or develop current skills
- Try your hand in different departments
- Support your local community theatre
Induction and training are provided. Option to attend work nights, committee meetings and other events
Why get involved?
This is an external opportunity
Warwick Volunteers cannot be held responsible for external volunteering opportunities advertised, but we do make every effort to ensure that all the information we publish is accurate. We advise volunteers to use their own judgement when selecting potential opportunities, and to check all details concerning prospective volunteering activity with the organisation involved. Please make sure that you have received all necessary training and information regarding your own health and safety before commencing volunteering.