- Attention Message
Canley Pop Up Café is informal cafe style get together offering a friendly space for everyone to come and talk, to meet people from different backgrounds and share stories. Events are held monthly at Canley Community Centre and in Prior Deram Park (weather permitting).
The café has been running for over a year now providing free home cooked hot foods. The Pop Up Cafe also provides a section for games and craft activities mainly supported by student volunteers. The activities have been popular with local residents and the students enjoy meeting the local community and interacting with people from different cultures and generations with around 60 people attending each event.
The purpose of Canley Pop Up Cafe is to get people from different cultures to interact with each other in Canley and to create a community feel and hope for the future of Canley. It also helps residents see students in a positive light.
- Block 1 Header
- Block 1 text
Description of the voluntary opportunities available:
- Leading games and craft activities
- Helping in Canley History Corner to deliver and document feedback from Canley History activities
- Helping in Café Corner – serving hot drinks and food including making pancakes
- Acting as a host - talking and listening to visitors and encouraging them to share stories, take part in activities and sample foods served at Cafe Corner
- Setting up and tiding up venue
- Distributing publicity in miscellaneous venues around Canley.
- Helping to distribute leaflets around Canley area covering 2000 homes once a year
- Helping Canley stakeholders manage large events – Big Lunch and Community BBQ (in June) e.g. receive stallholders, distribute evaluation questionnaires, collect completed questionnaires, man Popupcafe stall, etc.
- Block 2 Header
Location and Travel
- Block 2 text
Canley Community Centre, Coventry CV4 8FT
Or Prior Deram Park (Weather Permitting)
The Community Centre is walking distance from Campus and travel expenses are not reimbursed
- Block 3 header
- Block 3 text
Volunteers are needed on Saturdays between 11.30am to 2.30pm
- Block 4 header
- Block 4 text
Volunteers will be shown on how to handle equipment such as the hot water dispenser and briefed on food hygiene procedures for handling foods for public consumption
- Block 6 header
Why get involved?
- Block 6 text
- Block 7 header
This is an external opportunity
- Block 7 text
Warwick Volunteers cannot be held responsible for external volunteering opportunities advertised, but we do make every effort to ensure that all the information we publish is accurate. We advise volunteers to use their own judgement when selecting potential opportunities, and to check all details concerning prospective volunteering activity with the organisation involved. Please make sure that you have received all necessary training and information regarding your own health and safety before commencing volunteering.
- block 5 header
How to get involved
- block 5 text
For more information visit www.facebook.com/canleyconnections
This project is not managed by Warwick Volunteers.
- Jumbotron Header