Sydni is a community based initiative that exists to support and enhance the wellbeing of residents in and around Sydenham - Leamington Spa. The Sydni Centre provides facilities for information, recreation, sport, education and leisure. It offers a warm and welcoming environment free from prejudice that celebrates diversity.
At SYDNI Centre there is a need for volunteers to offer:
- Finance and Data Admin
- Community Connectors
- Volunteers Gardeners: to help maintain The Community Garden so that it can be enjoyed by the public at all times. The Garden group meet on Monday mornings.
- ESOL Teachers: TESOL, Celta or TEFL qualified volunteers to assist in the delivery of English as a Second Language (ESOL) classes on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Crafty People: a Crafts Group which meets every Wednesday 2pm – 4pm at the SYDNI Centre. Volunteers can share simple craft projects with the attendants, mainly older people. Commitment is flexible.
- Newsletter Deliverers: to assist in the printing and delivering of the SYDNI Newsletter several times a year.
- Events volunteers: to support their community events, e.g. Festival of Lights, International Women's Day.
- Walking Group Leaders: to facilitate weekly or bi-weekly walks from the SYDNI Centre.
- Gardening Team Leader: to plan, lead and manage a small team of volunteer gardeners to deliver a seasonal programme of gardening-related activities.
SYDNI Centre are also keen to encourage and actively support new volunteer-led community projects that deliver benefit to the SYDNI Community.
Read more about the current roles available on: http://www.sydni.org/opportunities/
Why get involved?
Volunteers are expected to commit 2 - 4 hours per week. Specific times depend upon the area you volunteer in.
The SYDNI Centre, Cottage Square, Leamington Spa CV31 1PT
This organisation can reimburse reasonable volunteer travel expenses. Please check with them before starting volunteering.
Skills vary for each role but generally you need to be friendly, a good communicator and an effective team player. Training will be provided when required.
Some roles might need you to obtain a DBS check.
How to get involved
For more information visit http://www.sydni.org/
This is an external opportunity
Warwick Volunteers cannot be held responsible for external volunteering opportunities advertised, but we do make every effort to ensure that all the information we publish is accurate. We advise volunteers to use their own judgement when selecting potential opportunities, and to check all details concerning prospective volunteering activity with the organisation involved. Please make sure that you have received all necessary training and information regarding your own health and safety before commencing volunteering.