The competition run in the 2011–12 academic year by the BCS Coventry branch was a great success. Technology Volunteers helped to judge the event, and we all found the standard of entries to be exceptionally high.
The competition took a different format to previous years and allowed entries in the following categories:
- Web Based Application or Website
- Digital Animation
- Design for a Mobile Phone App
- To encourage interest in careers in IT through contact with local schools;
- To help local school pupils to develop awareness of good practice and a range of skills including IT, team working and project planning;
- To promote and develop effective links between local schools, industry and higher education;
- To foster understanding of how IT can deliver a product, service or business solution;
- To promote professional practice in the local community through the work of the BCS and particularly the Coventry branch.