This Competition Is Now Closed
Our 2012-13 Scratch Competition is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered! All of the entries are great, and we will be contacting everyone as soon as the winners have been decided.
We are pleased to announce our new 2012-13 Scratch competition for primary school aged children, living or attending school in the local area (Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull, South Leicestershire), thanks to sponsorship from BCS (Coventry), the Chartered Institute for IT. Entries should be submitted by 30th April 2013.
Any Scratch program can be entered as long as it is the child's own work. For example it could be:
- a game
- an animation
- a story
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativitity and Originality: Is it a new idea?
- Fun Factor: Would other children find it exciting?
The entry should be submitted by an adult on behalf of the child (their parent, guardian or teacher). All entries will be checked and a shortlist drawn up by the Technology Volunteers. The shortlisted entries will be passed to the BCS Coventry Branch for the final judging.
What are the prizes?
We have 8 Scratch Sensor boards (Picoboards) to give away as prizes to winning entries. These boards enable Scratch projects to interact with the real world. The overall competition winner will get their project featured on our website, and have the chance to demonstate their program in some exciting events in 2013.
Who can enter?
The competition is open to all children of primary school age living or attending a school in the local area (Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull and South Leicestershire). Entries must be submitted by an adult (their parent, guardian or teacher) on behalf of the child.
Submitting an entry.
Entries should be uploaded to the MIT Scratch website, using the 'Share' button in Scratch. More information about how to share with Scratch can be found at:
Once an entry has been uploaded, please complete the Competition Entry Form.
- Competition entries must be created using the latest version of Scratch, which can be downloaded for free from MIT's website (http://scratch.mit.edu).
- The competition is open to all children of primary school age living or attending a school in the local area (Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull and South Leicestershire).
- The entry must be the original work of the child, and only one entry can be made on behalf of a child.
- All entries must be uploaded to the MIT Scratch website, before 30th April 2013. The 'Competition Entry Form' on our website must also be submitted by this time.
- The entries stored on the MIT Scratch Website will be checked and downloaded shortly after the entry has been made on this website. Changes made to an entry on the MIT Scratch Website beyond this time may not be considered.
- Entries can only be submitted once, unless in extenuating circumstances as decided by the competition organisers. If you would like to resubmit your entry, please let us know using the form below.
- All information you provide for an entry must be valid at the time of submission; otherwise your entry cannot be considered.
- The rules and information for this competition can change at any time. All changes, along with our most up-to-date information, will be included on our this page (http://go.warwick.ac.uk/ScratchCompetition).
- The decisions of the judges and competition organisers are final.
The 2012-13 Technology Volunteers competition has been kindly sponsored by BCS Coventry.
If you any questions about the competition, please use the form below:
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.
Thank you for your time.