Scratch is an amazing program which allows programming to be completed without writing a single line of code. The program is created by MIT and involves dragging a variety of coloured blocks, connecting them together, and building fun software step-by-step.
Scratch is a vital part of our 'Programming By Stealth' workshop, which aims to get children enjoying programming by creating interactive environments and games. We also use the program with Scratch Sensor Boards to deliver our 'Sensing Our World' workshop, showing children the interaction between hardware and software.
- A Scratch Christmas Tree: A great example for Christmas workshops ()
- Using Arduino with Scratch - Worksheets & Software
- The Scratch Website (Including Download Links)
- The Scratch Education Website, ScratchEd
- Getting Started with Scratch Guide
- Scratch Cards
- Scratch Video Tutorials
- Scratch Wiki
- Scratch FAQ
- Scratch Forums
- Scratch Resources Website
If you need help with any of the resources here, or know a great resource we have missed, please contact us here.