Here are links to our Arduino Resources, both internal (Tutorial sheets) and external pages from which software, manuals and parts can be acquired.
Our 2012-2014 resources can be found here: http://thomaspreece.com/Arduino/
- General information on Arduinos.
- Software (Win / Linux / OSX) - Currently version 1.6.5
- Tutorials on Arduino's official website
- Arduino Video Tutorial: The first few tutorials will help with the topics we will cover in our workshops.
Other useful programs
- Fritzing A program to draw circuit diagrams, used for all our handouts given to the children.
Where can I get an Arduino or parts?
All the equipment used in the workshops and training sessions for volunteers is provided, however, if you would like to purchase your own kit to tinker with in your own time, then here are some useful links:
- Rapid Electronics
- RS Components
- eBay - kits containing LED's, breadboards, jumper wires and switches.
(Note, this is not an endorsed or definitive list)
Where can I get a book about the Arduino?
- Online Arduino Programming Manual (FREE)
- 'Getting Started with Arduino' Book (Amazon - less than £5 inc. P&P)
Technology Volunteers also have a range of custom circuit boards which will be used throughout the workshops, there is a possibility (if there is demand) that more could be produced, contact techvolunteers at warwick dot ac dot uk for details.
The above links take you to tutorial pages with additional information, step-by-step worksheets and example code where necessary.