Warwickshire Vision Support, (operating name for Warwickshire Association for the Blind) is a registered charity working with blind and partially sighted people in Warwickshire that has provided support to visually impaired people for more than a century.
We have a number of volunteering opportunities including:
· Magazine editors and contributors – we produce a magazine three times a year and are looking for individuals who would like to support the editing process and also produce copy material including creative writing.
· Fundraising and Event Management – building and planning activities and events and being involved in the execution.
· Social Media and Website contributors – we operate on various social media platforms but are always looking for support with updates and content including producing videos and podcasts.
· Graphic Design – we would like to produce a ‘Fundraising Pack’ which includes posters and associated material for various events and are looking for individuals who are keen to develop their graphic design skills who could support this project.
· Vision Support Centre Volunteers – we operate 4 Vision Support Centres around Warwickshire Monday – Friday between 10 and 12. Volunteers are needed to assist with setting up, providing refreshments and provide company and conversation for our visually impaired service users. Volunteers can also get involved in learning about equipment aids and eye conditions. This role would suit students who are keen to learn more about the care sector or eye conditions and disability.
· IT Trainers – we are always looking for individuals who can assist us with IT Training. We provide training in the accessibility features on smart devices including voice over and are keen to recruit people who can work on a 1:1 at our support centres with visually impaired people who want to learn how to use the devices to access the internet, social media and talking books etc in order to keep connect and reduce isolation.
Various locations including Leamington Spa and Warwick
Travel expenses are paid by the organisation.
The level of commitment required is dependent on the role and level of involvement.
No specific skills or experience required. However if you have skills or experience in areas such as creative writing, running events , social media, Graphic design, IT or listening and communication we would love to hear from you!
All Warwickshire Vision Support volunteers are given induction training and role specific training which if appropriate includes, sight loss awareness, safeguarding and first aid. Occasionally depending on the nature of role undertaken a DBS check may be required
This is an external opportunity
Warwick Volunteers cannot be held responsible for external volunteering opportunities advertised, but we do make every effort to ensure that all the information we publish is accurate. We advise volunteers to use their own judgement when selecting potential opportunities, and to check all details concerning prospective volunteering activity with the organisation involved. Please make sure that you have received all necessary training and information regarding your own health and safety before commencing volunteering.