Higher Education and Research Act of 2017 (HERA)
This page contains links to data that the University is required to publish under the terms of it's registration with the Office for Students (OfS) as mandated in the Higher Education and Research Act of 2017 (HERA).
The data covers the following conditions of registration:
Condition A1: An Approved (fee cap) provider intending to charge fees above the basic amount to qualifying persons on qualifying courses must:
- i. Have in force an access and participation plan approved by the OfS in accordance with HERA
- ii. Take all reasonable steps to comply with the provisions of the plan.
Condition F1: The provider must provide to the OfS, and publish, in the manner and form specified by the OfS, the transparency information set out in section 9 of HERA.
Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)
The Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED), aims to place a responsibility on organisations to actively promote equality and bring the consideration of equality into the everyday business of public bodies. The PSED is supported by duties requiring public bodies, including the University, to:
- Publish information to show their compliance with the Equality Duty, at least annually. This includes:
- Information relating to employees who share protected characteristics.
- Information relating to people who are affected by their policies and practices who share protected characteristics (for example, service users, students).
- Set and publish one or more equality objectives, at least every four years. These should be specific and measurable objectives which will help them further the three aims of the PSED.
In support of these duties you can find our staff and student demographic data here, and read our Social Inclusion Strategy and KPIs here.