The University environmental targets are reviewed regularly.
You may also want to take a look at our Environmental Management System policy , as signed by Director of Estates, James Breckon.
- Net Zero carbon emissions from scope 1 and 2 by 2030
- Net Zero carbon emissions from scope 3 by 2050
- The University aims to continually reduce waste to Landfill . Reporting is temporarily suspended (due to change of staff at waste contractor and at university)
- The University will aim to continually improve the Recycling. Reporting is temporarily suspended (due to change of staff at waste contractor and at university)
- The University will communicate annually to all University users the University recycling and waste disposal practices. And aim to develop a waste policy by end of 2020.
- The University will maintain disposal of 100% of waste cooking oil sustainably, for re-use/ conversion into bio-fuel.
- Continue to support the targets in the CCSG Sustainability Strategy by end of 2020
To improve monitoring system to gain greater knowledge of Construction waste by end 2020
- Aim to achieve a 2% rolling reduction per FTE in water consumption per annum by end 2030
- Aim to Increase the percentage of students/ staff commuting by sustainable modes of transport by end 2020
- Introduce at least one high profile environmentally friendly transport initiative per annum.
- Continue supporting supply chain environmental sustainability journey. Define priority actions and measures for scope 3 and NetPositives progress by end 2020.
Emissions and Discharges:
- Continual effort to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions. Aim for 3% reduction per unit of income by end 2020
- Draft a process to monitor scope 3 carbon emissions savings, though progressing action plans and strategies towards 2030/50 targets.
- Develop ecology & biodiversity management plan by end 2020.
- Raise awareness and incentivise behaviour change. Increased social media by +5% / expand City-wide Green Week event / support university welcome week by end 2020