99.6% of our Summer School students would recommend the programme to a friend. Find out why our Summer School experience is memorable, worthwhile and not to miss.
Alongside our programme of excellent guest speakers, an unforgettable social programme is available to students who wish to participate. Exciting activities and day-trips allow you to experience British culture and independently explore the UK.
Warwick Summer School 2018: Highlights
In 2018 we welcomed 251 students from 40 different countries to St Mary's University in London with 99% of students saying they would recommend the programme. Students enjoyed a fun social programme which included day-trips, events and activities throughout the three weeks to experience British culture and visit London and the UK.
Students joined us for a variety of events including our Meet and Greet BBQ, Welcome Dinner in Chelsea Bridge, Curry, Quiz and Karaoke night and Farewell Celebration and Afternoon Tea, with many also choosing to participate in our additional trips to London's famous West End at the Apollo Victoria Theatre, London and the London Eye, Oxford and Brighton.
Find out more about the social programme we are offering for our 2019 Warwick Summer School.
2017 and 2018 Guest Speakers
- Professor George Akerlof, Nobel Prize winner and Economics Professor at Georgetown Univerity. Professor Akerlof won the 2001 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences and shared insights into his book 'Phishing for Phools' with students.
- Kelly Gallagher, Britain’s first ever Winter Paralympic gold medalist at the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014. Kelly shared her experience of the Sochi Winter Olympics with students, delivering the talk 'Journey to the Games' (as well as bringing along her gold medal).
- Priya Lakhani, OBE, award-winning entrepreneur developing her fresh Indian food brand 'Masala Masala' to high critical acclaim. Priya's passion and success keeps growing as she is now CEO and founder of CENTURY Tech. Priya presented her experiences to students during an insightful discussion on entrepreneuship.
- Vicky Pryce, Greek-born British economist and author of the book ‘Greekonomics’. She has had many roles including Joint Head of the UK Government Economics Service where she was responsible for evidence based policy and for encouraging measures that promoted greater productivity in the UK economy.
- Krisi Smith, 'Chief Mixologist', Author, Creative Director and Co-founder of Brighton based tea company, Bird & Blend Tea Co. Starting just five years ago in her mum's back bedroom Krisi, along with her partner Mike Turner have built their brand to be the UK's most loved independent tea blenders. This year the business will turnover more than £2m and they employ over 70 people across their sites nationwide!