Please note due to the poor weather conditions across the country currently we have taken the decision to postpone this event. Unfortunately many of our speakers do not live locally to Nuneaton and we do not feel it is safe for them to travel currently. We hope to reschedule for a future date soon, so please check back here for updates.
Saturday 3 March, 10am - 3:30pm, Nuneaton Library
Join us this March for a day of virtual reality experiences, hands on activity and workshops, as well as fascinating talks and displays.
We have teamed up with Warwickshire Libraries and BBC Civilisations to bring you a fun filled festival for all the family. We've pulled together some of our best activities and talks from our Classics department to show you what life was like in Ancient Worlds and take you on a once in a lifetime trip back in time. Everything is free to take part in. You can follow the links below to book for our talks and workshops to guarantee your place, or you're more than welcome to just turn up on the day and slot in where we have spaces.
Explore all day (10am - 3:30pm)
- Virtual reality (VR) experiences - explore Ancient Athens and Rome using our VR headsets
- Cold hard cash! An opportunity to handle coins from antiquity
- Explore our displays and exhibits, including all our online resources
Each talk lasts 45 minutes and is suitable for children over 11, although are also open to adults wishing to attend without children.
- 11am - Unravelling the mystery of the art on the first of Britain’s coins
- 12pm - From Roman medical caskets to Harry Potter: the power of ancient medicinal and magical herbs
- 2pm - Black, White, and Read all-over: Race and Classics in WWII Propaganda
- 3pm Scandalous Archaeology:
Sex and Symbolism in the Roman World*
- Design your own 3D model: 30 minute workshops running at 11am, 1pm, and 2pm