Thank you for expressing an interest in speaking at Pint of Science from 11 - 13 May 2020.
The organisation of Pint of Science is not a small task, and we want our presenters to be fully aware of what we will need from them prior to agreeing to be part of the festival.
Therefore, please read through the Word document containing more information on the following topics before you register your interest to speak. Please ensure you tick the box on the registration form to say that you have read and understood the guidance.
- Creating great presentations
- Collaborative approach
- Length of presentations
- Practical demonstrations
- Presentation slides
- Talk description and Title
- Training - book here
We usually have more applications than capacity, so we will assess each speaker based on various factors including;
- how well written the talk description and title is
- how fun and engaging the format is
- how the research may be interesting or relevant to people's day to day lives or "popular" science
- something we might not have heard about before
- something that is just outright different to what people might already have experienced with the Sciences