The Festival of the Imagination will have hundreds of people working behind the scenes. But there's someone missing. You.
Thank you to all the volunteers who helped to make the Festival of the Imagination a great success!
Why do you need volunteers?
We're expecting a turnout of around 7,500 visitors, plus students. Festival volunteers will be vital in ensuring that visitors get to venues on time, find their way around campus and receive a warm welcome to Warwick.
Is volunteering for me?
- You'll be working one shift of 3.5 hours in length.
- Volunteering at the Festival of the Imagination is public-facing, offering you the chance to give back to the local community.
- You'll have the chance to meet new people, including alumni and VIPs.
- The skills you gain from volunteering are transferrable to many other disciplines.
- This is a great opportunity to work within a team made up of people from across the University.
- If you're a student, your work at the Festival of the Imagination will count towards a Volunteering Certificate with Warwick Volunteers, which appears on your HEAR Report.
- Be part of this one-off event celebrating the University of Warwick's 50th anniversary.
What sort of thing will I be doing?
There's a whole host of activities which our volunteers will be taking part in.
- Greet visitors and ensure their first moments at the Festival of the Imagination are positive.
- Run our Information Desk and answer visitors' questions.
- Steward one of our festival venues – the performance marquee, the Discovery Zone, The Telegraph Zone.
- Represent your University in a public-facing environment.