As a Warwick graduate you can still enjoy the benefit of the University’s careers services. If you are looking for a job or opportunities to enhance your CV, you may want to attend the Graduate Jobs & Work Experience Event (12pm to 4pm, Tuesday 23 February, Rootes Building).
Note: It is essential that you are able to present either your old student card or alumni card at the event. Without either of these forms of identification, you will NOT be permitted to attend.
More details are available here. At the event, you will be able to:
- Engage with more than 50 employers including four from the public sector, 14 SMEs and 10 charities and not-for-profit organisations, offering in excess of 4,000 current work-related opportunities.
- Attend employability bite-size sessions:
- 12.10pm to 12.35pm: Making a Positive Impression - a joint presentation from PwC and careers on how to make a positive impression on employers.
- 12.45pm to 1.10pm: Interview Success Top Tips - a joint presentation from Teach First and careers on how to maximize your chances of success at interviews.
- 1.20pm to 3.10pm: Employer Interview Challenge - Road test your interview skills and get employer's and/or careers staff's feedback on the best way to answer a competency-based interview question. Click on the title session to take a look at the questions to prepare your answers in advance.
- 3.20pm to 3.50pm: Alumni Networking Session - take advantage of real-world advice from Warwick alumni from a variety of sectors including the arts, radio and advertising.
- Drop by the Careers stand for further advice on how to enhance your employability.
- Enjoy popcorn and candy floss stands will add an element of fun to your career enhancement event.