Did you spend a year abroad as part of your study? The University Council of Modern Languages is working with the British Academy and ThirdYearAbroad.com on a project to demonstrate the value of the year abroad to UK graduates. They are seeking to gather short reports from recent graduates – whether language specialists or not – on the importance that the year abroad has had for them.
They are looking for:
- Brief written accounts, in English, up to 500 words
- Videos and audio podcasts, up to 2 minutes in length
They would like student accounts to cover:
- First name, degree title, university and year of graduation
- A thumbnail sketch of my year abroad – where, type of placement, duration
- What you got out of it
- Job on graduation and subsequent career path
- Further use of skills gained during the year abroad
- How the year abroad has enhanced your subsequent life (not just employment)
For more information and to complete the online survey visit http://www.thirdyearabroad.com/graduates. The deadline for submission is December 9th.
All featured entries will be covered by a non-commercial, non-modification Creative Commons licence, allowing departments to repost/re-use videos and texts. Inappropriate language or content will invalidate an entry.
Written reports should be submitted online via http://www.thirdyearabroad.com/graduates and audio reports can be sent, as email attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to videos hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, along with the required information about the graduate, can also be sent to this email address.