Are you a UK/Home graduate who finished your degree this year and looking for a new opportunity? You might be eligible to join the Warwick Graduate Internships (WGI) programme and start a paid placement in January 2015 for either eight or 12 weeks. Our programme offers 90+ paid opportunities with one of our partner organisations from a wide range of sectors including law, finance, theatre and heritage.
Last year 70% of the graduates who took part in the programme went on to be offered permanent employment by their host company.
BENEFITS FOR YOU
- An 8-12 week internship is the perfect length of time to explore your options and decide if this is an area you would like to continue to work in. It is also an opportunity to network and be a part of a new environment.
- You are still entitled to support from Student Careers & Skills for up to three years after you graduate to help you to continue to develop your ideas and plan for your future.
- These positions are especially for you with positions receiving generally less than 10 applicants each which puts you in a very positive position. You are welcome to apply for more than one position.
- All of our graduate internships are paid positions – you are not free labour but paid employees.
All internships start from 5th January onwards and run for 8-12 weeks based on 37.5 hours per week. We pay our interns at least the National Minimum Wage (see individual adverts) – this enables us to support as many graduates and placements as possible. We do, however, ask our London employers to take into account the additional costs of working and travelling around London.
Right now graduates register to express an interest in WGI programme – this doesn’t commit you to participating
- 17th Oct 2014 Internship vacancies open to apply for
- 3rd Nov 2014 Deadline for applications
- 3rd-28th Nov 2014 Successful applicants will be contacted by employers and interviews arranged
- 28th Nov 2014 onwards Contracts are issued
- 5th January 2015 Internships start
JOINING THE WGI PROGRAMME
Log onto myAdvantage as a graduate and register your interest:
- Use your student number as your username and your IT services password to login as a graduate
- A link and instructions to reset your password will be sent to your Warwick email address. If you can no longer access your Warwick email account, please contact us (see below).
- Once you have logged into myAdvantage, please provide us with an up-to-date email address so that we can continue to contact you to manage your bookings and provide you with job vacancies and other services. You can update your email address under ‘My details’ in myAdvantage.
- Register for WGI.
If you have any problems logging into myAdvantage as a graduate please email us. Expressing an interest doesn’t mean you are committed to the programme it simple enables us to keep you informed and ensure you have up to date details.
For more information visit the website.