Being a UNISON member gives you a range of benefits including:
- Protection and representation at work,
- Help with pay and conditions of service,
- Health and safety guidance and support,
- Confidential welfare services for you and your dependents in difficult times,
- Excellent legal services including free help with work problems and legal support for members and their families,
- Pensions advice,
- A special hotline, UNISONdirect, for help and advice on workplace issues,
- Online employment and workplace advice,
- Education and training advice and courses, leading to vocational and professional qualifications,
- Cash benefits for accidents and injuries at work,
- A colour magazine sent to your home four times a year, a monthly magazine for our stewards and activists and a full range of publicity,
- Special deals on everything from computers, tax returns, holidays, mortgages, car breakdown services, insurance and credit cards, and
- Our own holiday centre for members and families at the Devon seaside.
For more detailed information about benefits see the Unison membership benefits page.
There For You, UNISON Welfare (registered charity 1023552)
Members experiencing financial and emotional difficulties can contact our welfare charity, There For You, which provides a confidential advice and support service for members and their dependants.
UNISON provides quality legal services for employment-related and non-work issues at no extra cost to members and their family. In fact, UNISON provides the broadest range of legal help to union members in the UK.
Our members receive our essential cover and support, have access to exclusive benefits and offers, and can take advantage of many training opportunities.
Offers a wide range of learning opportunities, which range from basic skills through to professional level qualifications for UNISON activists and members.