Being a UNISON member gives you a range of benefits including:
- Unrivalled protection and representation at work
- Help with pay and conditions of service
- Health and safety guidance and support
- Confidential welfare services for you and your dependents in difficult times
- Excellent legal services including free help with work problems and legal support for members and their families
- Pensions advice
- A special hotline, UNISONdirect, for help and advice on workplace issues
- Online employment and workplace advice
- Education and training advice and courses, leading to vocational and professional qualifications
- Cash benefits for accidents and injuries at work
- A colour magazine sent to your home four times a year, a monthly magazine for our stewards and activists and a full range of publicity
- Special deals on everything from computers, tax returns, holidays, mortgages, car breakdown services, insurance and credit cards
- Our own holiday centre for members and families at the Devon seaside
For more detailed information about benefits see the Unison membership benefits page.
A unique service providing support exclusively for UNISON members and dependants at times of special need. There is also a free and confidential debt advice referral scheme.
UNISON provides expert legal advice and services, including free assistance with problems at work and an extended package of legal services for members and their families.
Special offers and discounts for UNISON members and their families on insurance, mortgages, motoring, holidays & travel, financial services and much more.
Offers a wide range of learning opportunities, which range from basic skills through to professional level qualifications for UNISON activists and members.
Full members are entitled to benefits paid out on: death, accident, fatal accident. Education and training grants are also available.
Benefits of joining Unison
- Earn more
- Equal pay
- More holiday
- More and better training
- More maternity leave or parental leave
- Less likely to be injured at work
- Better compensation for injury
- Less discrimination
- Keep our public services public
- Less likely to be sacked