Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Health & Safety


Workplace Safety Representative

Contact Details

UNISON believes health and safety in the workplace is an issue for everyone.

Every year, thousands of people suffer accidents and ill-health at work - most of which could be avoided.

Unions and health and safety laws save and protect lives. But many more could be protected from harm if health and safety laws were better enforced.

We are campaigning for a new way of working, one that guarantees every worker a safe and healthy workplace.

For urgent help and advice at work contact your local UNISON steward or Health and Safety rep as soon as possible.

If you have an accident or injury at work call UNISONdirect on 0800 0 857 857, complete the following form or speak to your rep.

Online accident form

Other useful resources

University Health & Safety Office


University Counselling Service

The University has a comprehensive Health, Safety and Wellbeing Website where you can report incidents online, get occupational health advice, health and safety training and more.

On the site you can find the University Health and Safety Policy Statement (PDF Document) which emphasises the commitment and arrangements for H&S in the University as required by University Regulation and Ordinance.

You can find links to information through the Topic Guidance page where items are listed under subject area.

If you would like to speak to an adviser please visit the Contacts page or ring (024765) 24923.


The University Counselling Service (UCS) offers a professional therapeutic counselling service to all members of staff of the University of Warwick. The service is available to all grades of staff and no fee is charged.

Counselling for staff is available in the one-to-one, face-to-face format (ie at present, no therapy groups are available to staff, nor is email counselling).

University Counselling Service, Westwood House is located on the Westwood Map as number 70. The Counselling Service is signposted.

Contact details:


Bullying and Harassment / Dignity at Work

Grievance Procedure


Can I become a Health & Safety Rep as my department / building doesn't have one?

We are always keen to hear from people who would like to help by taking on the important task of being a Workplace Safety Rep. If you are interested, then please contact the Health and Safety Branch Officer,

Unison Help Pages

Call UNISONdirect

0800 0 857 857

Or freephone textphone
0800 0 967 968
Lines are open 6am to midnight on Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday. Outside these times, you can leave an answerphone message or fill in the online form and UNISONdirect will call you back.