Hygiene on campus
We are working hard to ensure the facilities, services and surroundings you’re already familiar with are cleaned and maintained to the highest standard possible.
We want you to know that, as soon as you return to work or study, we’ll be working hard to make you feel safe and reassured, whether you’re on or off campus.
What are we doing differently?
Campus Cleaning Services will adjust their cleaning schedules to offer additional support and protection to shared spaces and public areas across the University.
- Our cleaning teams will be focusing their resources on repeat ‘Touch Point’ cleaning
- We will be increasing the frequency of cleaning in all toilet, bathroom, kitchen and shared spaces.
- We will also be ensuring all bathrooms have regularly replenished stocks of hand soap etc to ensure staff, students and visitors are able to follow Public Health England advice on hand washing which has been cited as the best form of prevention.
- To enable us to focus our efforts on the key tasks of ‘Touch Point’ cleaning, we will reduce the frequency of other tasks such as vacuuming carpeted areas such as lecture theatres, class rooms, corridors etc. This will allow us to re-direct staff to increase the cleaning of key areas.
I'm a member of staff, what do I need to do?
- If you’re working on campus, anti-viral cleaning wipes will be provided by your department so you can clean desks, workstations, keyboards and telephone equipment before starting work and when you finish. We’re also asking you to clean touch points on photocopiers and other office equipment before and after each use.
- Cleaning wipes will also be available for you to use in kitchens and meeting rooms before and after using them.
- Please remember to follow guidelines on handwashing and sanitiser.
- Please leave areas clear to allow the cleaning team access.
You can download this poster (PDF) to see what is cleaned and how often, and to find out who to contact with any queries about cleaning.