When do I have to self-isolate?
There are three main reasons you may need to self-isolate.
1) If you have travelled from outside the UK travel corridor
You must self-isolate if you have arrived in the UK from a country which is outside of a UK travel corridor. You will be required to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival.
This self-isolation can be undertaken when you reach your final point of residence in the UK, so in your student accommodation on or off campus.
2) If you or a member of your household has symptoms or has tested positive for of Covid-19
You must self-isolate when you or someone in your household or kitchen group:
- Have symptoms of Covid-19
- Are waiting to get tested
- Are waiting for test results
This is to ensure that we can keep our community safe and reduce transmission rates.
3) If you are asked to by Test and Trace
If you have been contacted by the campus or NHS services to tell you to self-isolate, you must do so immediately.