When do I have to self-isolate?
There are three main reasons you may need to self-isolate.
1) If you have travelled from outside the UK
From 15 February, if you arrive in England from a country on the travel ban list you’ll need to self-isolate in a quarantine hotel for at least 10 days. Before you travel, you’ll need to book and pay for your hotel room and two Covid-19 tests to take during your stay.
If you’re coming from a country not on the banned travel list, you’ll need to self-isolate in your accommodation for 10 days and book two Covid-19 tests.
2) If you or a member of your household has symptoms or has tested positive for of Covid-19
You must self-isolate when you or someone in your household or kitchen group:
- Have symptoms of Covid-19
- Are waiting to get tested
- Are waiting for test results
This is to ensure that we can keep our community safe and reduce transmission rates.
3) If you are asked to by Test and Trace
If you have been contacted by the campus or NHS services to tell you to self-isolate, you must do so immediately.