**Term Three Dates**
Thursday 7 May. 9-5. Virtual Session
Monday 11 May. 9-5. Virtual Session
Monday 18 May. 9-5. Virtual Session
Study buddies is a [now virtual] programme delivered by the Arts Faculty to support students with their research, writing and assessment. Study buddies provides a space where students can come to write, read and work on their assessment in a supportive [now virtual] working environment. At each study buddy session an academic will be on hand to provide guidance and support with assessments.
Who should attend?
Study buddies is open to all UG and PG students. The writing away day retreats are particularly recommended to first year students making the transition from school to University. Students living at home and part-time students might also benefit from having a dedicated time and space to focus on their assessment free of distractions!
What is the purpose of the Study Buddy writing bootcamp?
- Provides dedicated time for working on course work and assessment
- Creates opportunities for planning and developing work
- Consultation with an academic tutor to provide support
- Feedback opportunities from the academic tutor
- Support from fellow students and the student learning community
- Opportunity to make friends
- Opportunity to find out about academic resources
- Access to computers to complete course work
- Free food
What you will need?
- A clear goal for the session – what are you working on and what do you want to achieve by the end of the session (eg. Write a report, plan an essay, finish some reading, making a revision plan)
- Any equipment or materials you might need – computer, tablet, writing materials, books etc.
- Anything you want the tutor to look over for feedback and comment
What students have said about what they like study buddies:
- 'Loved the ability to get feedback on work. Love the location and the ability to discuss with fellow students of similar disciplines about their work. The food and hot drinks and fruit'.
- 'The supportive environment and the access to coffee'
- 'Interactive with students and professors'
- 'the fact that people are there for the same reason that I am, and that if you need help, there is always someone who listens to you'