Warwick's Faculty of Arts invites PhD Scholarship applications from excellent graduates across the globe to become part of its vibrant doctoral research community. CADRE offers up to 13 fully-funded 3.5 year PhD scholarships for Home/EU students, commencing in the academic year 2018-19. In addition, the top-ranked applicants are eligible for four Wolfson Foundation scholarships. Overseas students in Arts subjects are eligible for six of the University's Chancellor's scholarships. (for information on all these schemes see: the Warwick Graduate Schools's Guidance notes for applicants: https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/gsp/scholarship/typesoffunding/cadre/pgr_scholarships_guidance_notes_2018-19_v2.pdf)
CADRE has also issued a Scholarship Application Walkthrough which can be found here. Please use this together with the Graduate School's guidance above.
Why study with CADRE?
CADRE offers an innovative approach to interdisciplinary research and tackles societal challenges from a humanities perspective. CADRE aims to equip our graduates with the knowledge, skills and understanding to pursue the profession of their choice, whether in academia or in the public or private sectors; to be informed and active citizens; and to seek to apply their expertise to the major issues facing society today.
As a CADRE PhD student you will be able to access the following;
- World leading interdisciplinary supervision
- A rich community of peer learning through the Arts PGR Development Exchange
- The chance to participate in the Arts Postgraduate Research Festival
- The chance to learn a language and spend time at a non UK archive
- A range of reading groups and seminars hosted by departments across the Faculty
- A personalised development journey, ensuring that you complete your studies having developed the essential skills to compete for an academic position.
Applications for CADRE, Wolfson and Chancellor's Scholarships to be considered for 2018/19 entry will OPEN on 1st August 2017.
The APPLICATION DEADLINE for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Friday 19 January 2018.
The DEADLINE FOR UPLOADING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (references and transcripts) is 2nd February 2018. Documents uploaded after this deadline will not be considered as part of the scholarship competition.