Island Insularity and Connectivity: an interdisciplinary symposium on Cypriot island identity in the Mediterranean from antiquity to the present day
IAS Colloquium organised by IAS ECF Ersin Hussein.
Call for Papers: topics of discussion can include (but are not limited to):
- The ecology and geography of the Mediterranean as a region and the impact of this on the connectivity and insularity of Cyprus.
- The internal insularity and connectivity of local Cypriot communities.
- The legacy of empires: annexation, colonisation, administration.
- The movement and settlement of communities.
- The emergence of, and tensions between, multiple and competing local identities.
- Cyprus and the EU.
- The articulation of Cypriot identity in literature and in visual material culture.
- How archaeology and ancient history has been used to define Cypriot identity.
Please submit all abstracts (maximum 300 words, accompanied with a short bibliographical note) to email@example.com by Tuesday 31st March 2015.