Follow this link to find out about our latest news, the projects we are involved with and the schools we are helping in the local area
WCN Key Objectives
The Warwick Classics Network, based at the Department of Classics and Ancient History at the University of Warwick, is a network of teachers and academics dedicated to the promotion and support of Classics and Classics teaching in Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond. Launched in 2018, the WCN was created with two key objectives:
- To support those teachers currently offering Classics with resources, advice, and a platform with which to communicate with each other and form a creative network
- To promote the teaching of Classics in schools not currently offering Classical subjects on their curriculum, working alongside organizations such as Classics for All and Advocating Classics Education, providing information on training and funding available.
WCN Online Resources
This website has been specifically designed to be a friendly and usable online hub, packed with useful resources and information for teachers of Classics and for those interested in taking up the subject.
- Teaching Resources (STOA) - downloadable teaching materials for Classics teachers, and access to our online forum and shared resource space
- Arrange a school visit - find out about the reasearch interests of our Warwick academics, and how to book a talk at your school
- Upcoming events - including our 2019 Ancient Drama Festival production of Aristophanes' comedy Frogs
- Why Study Classics? - information for pupils/parents/SLT on why the study of Classics is a valid and beneficial choice for schools and their students