In 2007-2008 I organised a series of Seminars with the Centre for the Study of Women and Gender on “Women and Community”.
- 'Beyond Multiculturalism: Emergence of the Liminal Briton' at the 7th European Feminist Research Conference at Utrecht University, Netherlands in June 2009
- 'Beyond Multiculturalism: Emergence of the Liminal Briton' at the Annual Postgraduate Symposium - English Department at University of Warwick, in July 2009
- 'Translating Tagore: A Poet Lost in Translation?" at the 'Lost in Translation Conference' held at the University of Leicester, October 2009
- 'Rise of the liminal Briton? Writings by black and Asian Women in Britain' at the Third Biennial International Conference of the Contemporary Women's Writing Network in SanDiego State University, USA, in July 2010
Conference on Regional Literary Cultures: Modernism and After at the University of Nottingham in April 2011.The paper is entitled 'Locating the Midlands: Literary Productions of Regional Women'
- Postcolonial Literatures and Theories
- Feminist theories and Women's Writing