Online resources for Hamlet and The rime of the ancient mariner can be found by accessing the university's database and e-resources.
Here is a list of some of the online articles available from J-STOR. The library offers a wide range of books on each of the texts we will be studying and you are strongly encouraged to consult as much critical scholarship as you can in preparation for seminar discussion.
Kate Chopin, The Awakening
- Romantic Imagery in Kate Chopin's The Awakening. Donald A. Ringe. American Literature, Vol. 43, No. 4. (Jan., 1972), pp. 580-588.
- The Teeth of Desire: The Awakening and The Descent of Man. Bert Bender. American Literature, Vol. 63, No. 3. (Sep., 1991), pp. 459-473.
- The Boy's Quest in Kate Chopin's "A Vocation and a Voice". Peggy Skaggs. American Literature, Vol. 51, No. 2. (May, 1979), pp. 270-276.
- "The Awakening": An Evaluation. Jane P. Tompkins. Feminist Studies, Vol. 3, No. 3/4. (Spring - Summer, 1976), pp. 22-29.
- Kate Chopin's "The Awakening": A Partial Dissent. George M. Spangler. NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction, Vol. 3, No. 3. (Spring, 1970), pp. 249-255.
- The Awakening: A Political Romance. Lawrence Thornton. American Literature, Vol. 52, No. 1. (Mar., 1980), pp. 50-66.
- "Alien Hands": Kate Chopin and the Colonization of Race. Michele A. Birnbaum. American Literature, Vol. 66, No. 2. (Jun., 1994), pp. 301-323.
Angela Carter, The Bloody Chamber
- Isn't It Romantic?: Angela Carter's Bloody Revision of the Romantic Aesthetic in "The Erl-King". Harriet Kramer Linkin. Contemporary Literature, Vol. 35, No. 2. (Summer, 1994), pp. 305-323.
- Cracking the Mirror Three Re-Visions of "Snow White". Cristina Bacchilega. boundary 2, Vol. 15, No. 3. (Spring - Autumn, 1988), pp. 1-25.
- "Tout dire"?: Sade and the Female Body. John Phillips. South Central Review, Vol. 19, No. 4, Murdering Marianne?: Violence, Gender and Representation in French Literature and Film. (Winter, 2002 - Spring, 2003), pp. 29-43.