Skip to main content

Director of Undergraduate Studies

A copy of the induction presentation to Honours students may be found here: HONOURS INDUCTION SLIDES.

The Directors of Undergraduate Studies (DUGS) are responsible for the overall academic and pastoral running of the degree. Students can meet with the DUGS during office hours (no need to book an appointment) or email for a specific meeting time.

You will need to speak to the DUGS if you wish to:

  • apply for an extension: see here.
  • apply for consideration for Mitigating Circumstances: see here.
  • apply to change your degree course: students currently registered on one of the degrees offered in the English Department and wishing to be considered for transfer to another English-based degree should follow this procedure:

1. Submit a personal statement explaining the reason for application

2. Submit a letter from the personal tutor approving the application

3. Attend an interview with the degree convenor

4. Await decision of the relevant Director of Undergraduate Studies (first year or Honours)

5. If the Director of Undergraduate Studies approves the transfer, then the formal transfer procedure is initiated through the departmental administrator.

  • Request to suspend studies (temporary withdrawal from the degree)

For information about applying to temporarily withdraw please see here. The link to the online request form itself will be found on that page. For the University's regulations on temporary withdrawal, see Reg 36. For the financial implications of withdrawal, see here.

If you are an international student studying at Warwick on a Tier 4 visa, please be aware that a period of Temporary Withdrawal may have implications for your visa. For further information, and a list of frequently asked questions, please follow this link: Tier 4 visa students.