Available pdfs of the lecture powerpoints 2018-19.
Lecture 1: Literary Topographies
Lecture 2: Dialogues Between Image and Text
Lecture 3: Conceptualising the Victorian Child
Lecture 4: The Haunted Novel
Lecture 5: Science and the Novel
Lecture 6: Past, Present, Future
TERM 3 - REVISION MIND-MAPS
1. In what ways can “spaces and places” feature in texts? For each type, give an example.
2. What are the different ways C19th novels use or interact with “the visual”?
3. Identify different kinds of "paratexts" used by novels on the course, and discuss their purpose.
4. In what ways can our texts be "ghostly/spectral"?
5. What significance does “science” have to and in the C19th novel?
6. What are the different notions of “temporality” at play in our novels?