- Attendance at lectures is expected. Please be aware that the recording of lectures by students is strictly forbidden without the explicit prior permission of the lecturer and that, where such permission is granted, the recording is for use by the students as a personal study aid only and should not be distributed, published or in any way transmitted for use by others
- Seminar group attendance is compulsory and a register is taken at each meeting
- If you miss a seminar through illness you must contact the seminar tutor with an explanation. The tutor may ask you to provide a medical note to support your claim. You must contact the seminar tutor for EACH occasion of illness
- If you are absent for personal reasons other than illness you should inform the seminar tutor as well as your personal tutor of your absence. If the reasons for your absence are likely to affect your academic work you may wish to be considered as having Mitigating Circumstances.
- Please note: Being, or requesting to be considered under the auspices of Mitigating Circumstances does not mean you no longer need to inform your tutor of absence. You must still contact your seminar tutor if your particular special circumstances are affecting your attendance each time you are absent. If you do not, this could affect your monitoring points
As part of the Department’s Monitoring Student Attendance and Progression Policy, you are required to meet with your personal tutor. The meetings are designed to support you and it is important that you attend.