Skip to main content

Student Academic Complaints and Feedback Procedure

Do you have a compliment, concern or complaint?

It is important for students to engage proactively with their teaching and learning as well as their wider community experience. You are encouraged to provide feedback (both compliments and concerns) so that, where possible, services can be improved. If you have a concern or complaint, please endeavour to raise it as soon as possible with the most appropriate member of staff in your academic department or the relevant service or administrative department. If you are not able to find a resolution yourself or do not know who to go to, please do seek advice via the range of services available to help you (e.g. your Personal Tutor and/or your Student Staff Liaison Committee representative within your academic department or Student Support Services (including Disability Services), the Senior Tutor, or the Students’ Union Advice Centre).

Should your issue or concern not be resolved through available methods for you to provide feedback, the University has a clear three-stage Student Complaints Resolution Pathway for all types of informal and formals concerns or complaints. Further information, advice and guidance is available on the following University webpage: