Tel: ext. 73093
Email: c dot jenainati at warwick dot ac dot uk
Ramphal Building, University Road
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
Professor Cathia Jenainati is a member of the World Literature Subject grouping in the Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies.
She is Head of the School for Cross-Faculty Studies and Head of department for BA Liberal Arts and BASc Global Sustainable Development. In addition she is the academic lead on the teaching strand of the Warwick in California project and a Commissioner on the current Chancellor's Commission . Professor Jenainati is a foundation fellow of the Warwick Higher Education Academy WIHEA.
Professor Jenainati is not currenlty teaching in the English department, but she continues to supervise BA, MA and PhD students. She is the recipiant of a 2012 Warwick Award for Teaching Excellence (WATE) and the 2005 Butterworth Memorial Award for Teaching Excellence.
Women's writing in the North American continent; nineteenth-century writing by settlers and travel writers; contemporary Anglophone and Francophone Canadian fiction; Literature of the Arabic-speaking world; Theory and History of the Women's movement.
Teaching and supervision
Undergraduate module options:
- Introducing Feminism (Icon, 2006; revised edition 2009)
- Margaret Atwood's Novels of Remembering
- The Book of Wendigo
- Associate Editor, Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research & Practice (Routledge)
- Chair of the Interdisciplinary Group of UK universities
- Modern Languages Association, MLA
- European Colleges of Liberal Arts and Sciences, ECOLAS
- Scientific Reviewer for the Fundacao para a Ciencia e a Tecnologia (FCT), Ministerio da educacao e ciencia, Portugal
- BA (Dist.); MA (AUB Hons.); PhD (Warwick)
- PGCE (2003); Certificate of Coaching Practice (2014); PGA in Technology Enhanced Learning (2015);