- 2016/17 EN301 Shakespeare and Selected Dramatists
- Office hour (CHANGED) Monday 12-1 H530
- Seminars Thursday 9-10.30 H501; Friday 9-10.30 (Milburn) G03.
- I am using the eighteenth-century publisher Thomas Johnson to discuss power, authority, and piratical practices in the development of an English dramatic canon, and presenting innovation within the book trade as emanating from marginalised, non-copyright holding communities. I am also interested in demonstrating that the Enlightenment was an integrated experience for participants in the Republic of Letters.
- This project is being supervised by Dr Teresa Grant.
- My main interests are Renaissance, Restoration and eighteenth-century English drama; and bibliography, publishing history and the history of reading.
- ‘Authorship of The Drummer; or, the Haunted House’, N&Q 63.4 (2016) (588-90)
- 'Hamlet, Performance, and Chaotic Cultural Networks', Exchanges 3.1 (2015) 41-64
- 'Tony Kushner's Use of Angels in Building a Community', Postgraduate English 29 (2014) 1-18
- ‘Reading Against the Grain: The Popularity of Shakespeare, Shadwell, and Dryden and Davenant’s Tempests in Print’ (‘Ceremony, Ritual and Performance in the 18th Century’: BECC Joint Annual Workshop with Warwick Eighteenth-Century Centre) May 2015
- ‘Shakespeare Editing in Europe: Thomas Johnson’s Best English Plays’ (Warwick PG Symposium) May 2015
- ‘Under the Umbrella: Restoration Adaptations in Print’ (British Graduate Shakespeare Conference) June 2015
- ‘A Collection of the Best English Plays and the Reading Public: Eighteenth Century Theatrical Publishing and the Power of the Consumer’ (Reading Early Modern Studies Conference) July 2015
- ‘Publishing at the Margins: Whose Brand is it Anyway?’ (Warwick PG Symposium) May 2016
- Chair 'Literary Exclusions' (Cultres of Exclusion in the Early Modern World) May 2017
- Teaching EN121 Medieval to Renaissance English Literature 2015-16; EN301 Shakespeare and Selected Dramatists 2016-17.
- Postgraduate Academic and Professional Teacher Training Programme (Warwick LDC) 2016-17.
- XML editing and collation for the online OUP Complete Works of James Shirley.
- MA (Durham) Distinction
- BA Hons. (Warwick) 1:1
E dot Rybczak at warwick dot ac dot uk