The assessment for this module consists of:
50% - Essay (2500 words) due by 16:00, Thu 3rd Dec 2015. LINK FOR eSUBMISSION
50% - 1.5 Hour Written Examination in summer term.
Essay Titles 2015-2016
- How is René Clair’s Entr’acte a Dada film?
- Examine the relationship between the moving image and duration in the work of ONE of the following artists: Andy Warhol, David Lamelas, James Benning, Richard Serra.
- Examine the way in which EITHER Joseph Cornell OR Bruce Connor used appropriation as an artistic strategy.
- Identify and analyse the ways in which one artist, or group, covered in the module, used an electronic medium as a tool for critique.
- “The moving image always transforms the space it occupies”. (Chrissie Iles). Examine the relationship between moving images and space in relation to ONE artist or artwork covered during the module.
- Underground film “dissents radically in form, or in technique, or in content, or perhaps in all three”. (Sheldon Renan). Discuss.
- Examine the relationship between video and performance in relation to ONE artist or artwork covered during the module.
You do not have permission to access the remote content.