- AHRC Research Project: Producers and Production Practice in the History of Italian Cinema, 1949-1975
- AHRC Research Project: The Projection Project
- Ghost Town: Civic Television and the Haunting of Coventry
- Midlands Television Research Group. The MTVRG was established in 1995 and meets termly for readings, viewings, assessing research papers, reports, conferences etc
- AHRC Research Project: The History of Television for Women
- Leverhulme Major Research Project: Documentary, History and Staging Reality
- Centre for Television History, Heritage and Memory Research
- MOVIE: A Journal of Film Criticism
The department's Director of Research, Professor Stella Bruzzi, is delighted to give further details behind our excellent performance in the recent Research Excellence Framework 2014 exercise:
“This is another truly outstanding result for our department, which re-confirms our standing as the leading Film and Television Studies department in the UK, according to a wide range of esteem indicators including national newspaper league tables, the Times Higher Education Supplement, The NSS (National Student Survey) and most recently REF 2014. For this exercise, we submitted jointly alongside the School of Theatre, Performance and Cultural Policy Studies to subpanel 35 – Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts. Across the two departments, 89.5% of our submitted research outputs were rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’, whist our research environment score (which encompasses our departmental research culture, including postgraduate training and success) was judged to be 100% ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’. We are continuing to build on these confirmed strengths through our on-going research projects (such as the AHRC-funded ‘Projection Project’ led by Professor Charlotte Brunsdon) and are fully committed to producing ground-breaking and original research now and in the future. We run an exciting research seminar programme each term, host visiting international scholars and research students and continue to collaborate with partners in both higher education and related industries, from Coventry’s Herbert Gallery to Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.”
Detailed information of the submission is now available via the REF2014 website.
Next research event
The department has a vibrant postgraduate research culture: find out more about what our postgrads are researching here.