Application Form (word document)
Please read the guidelines below before submitting an application form. The application form (the word document) should be submitted to Mrs Amy Evans, Centre Secratary.
Since 2011 the Global History and Culture Centre (GHCC) has made funding available to support high-quality research activities in the field of global history by Members of the GHCC. Applications for funding to a maximum of £2500 will be considered, however, it is expected that most awards will be for smaller amounts . There is no restriction on the kinds of activities that can be proposed, but we would expect applications to include requests for funding to bring speakers to Warwick, the organisation of workshops, early career development activities, and networking activities, especially where these have the potential to lead to further grant applications.
This funding has as its main aim to enhance the international visibility of the Centre, and must, therefore, include an international element. A further aim is the creation and development of the international networks and collaborations of the Centre, and preference may be given to proposals that include an element of collaboration with another institutions. We will apply the following criteria in awarding the funds:
- the contribution of the proposed research activity to the field of global history;
- the contribution of the proposed research to the enhancement of the international visibility and/or international networks of the Centre and its existing activities;
- the viability of the proposal within the timescale;
- the clarity of the proposal's objectives, propsed outcomes and financial detail;
- the final claim will only be awarded upon successful submission of a final report.
Members of the GHCC; and postgraduates who are organising events in the GHCC. All events must take place at the University of Warwick facilities, unless prior permission has been sought.
This is the second round for GHCC Research Fund applications for the academic year 2018-19 and the deadline is 30 April 2019. These awards will need to be spent in their entirety before 31 July 2019, although some activities may be taken place in autumn term of 2019/20.
Application Forms should be submitted electronically as an attachment to Mrs Amy Evans before the deadline.