Use this form for:
You can use the Simple Publications Search form to do a quick free-text search for records about publications. Using this form will give you a list of matching publications. You can then examine the detailled records of each publications, including its authors and other versions. The process is:
- Enter one or more search phrases, each in a different field;
- For each phrase, specify if the phrase must be matched (AND) or might be matched (OR);
- You may also save the search into your Filing Cabinet. You can then re-run the search at a later date.
- Decide on how you want the results to be ordered.
- Decide on what types of publication to return.
- Decide on whether to show only first editions.
- Click the search button;
- View the publications listed in the Results List;
- Inspect individual publications;
- Optionally, view details of an author or another version version.
This form performs a free-text search of the following fields:
series title (e.g. journal title)
Combining search phrases:
You can use more than one search phrase, and may set the search to return records containing any of the specified phrases (OR). You may also specify that only records containing all of the phrases are returned (AND).
Please note that:
- Search terms that will match many records (i.e. 'Ireland') will perform very slow searches.
- You should not use wildcard characters in these searches (i.e. '*').
If you need to precisely match titles, dates (e.g. date of publication) or locations, then use click on the Complex Publications Search tab.