Education and Employment:
2012-2013 - Research Assistant: Europe's Asian Centuries: Trading Eurasia, 1600-1830 project, Global History and Culture Centre, University of Warwick
- Click here for further details of the project.
2009-2012 - PhD in History.
- Title: 'British 'Private Trade' Networks in the Arabian Seas, c.1680-c.1760'.
- Examiners: Prof Giorgio Riello (Warwick) and Prof Huw Bowen (Swansea)
2008-2009 - M.A. in History (Distinction).
- Thesis title: 'Private Merchants and Global Trade: Commercial Networking in the Eighteenth-Century Indian Ocean'.
2005-2008 - B.A. in History (1st Class).
- Dissertation Title: 'What did Indian Merchants Do? Gujarat and the trade to East Africa 1600-1800'. (This essay won the WHA Annual Student Paper Prize 2008).
(All under the supervision of Prof. Maxine Berg @ The University of Warwick)
- Postgraduate Award: Introduction to Academic and Professional Practice (Warwick Learning and Development Centre); portfolio highly commended
- Forthcoming (2014): 'Trading Letters: Correspondence and Anglo-Indian Private Trade in 18th C Western India', Special Issue of Genre: Forms of Discourse and Culture on Trans-cultural networks in the Indian Ocean world.
- Forthcoming: 'English Private Trade in the Arabian Seas During the Eighteenth Century' in Angela Schottenhammer (ed.), Transfer, Exchange and Human Movement Across the Indian Ocean World, Vol. I.
- Forthcoming: 'British Private Trade and Metropolitan Connections in the Eighteenth Century' in Maxine Berg, Hanna Hodacs, Chris Nierstrasz and Felicia Gottmann (eds.), Goods from the East: Trading Eurasia 1600-1800 (Palgrave, 2014).
- Under review (recommended for publication in 2014 after revisions): 'English Private Trade in the Arabian Seas, c.1680 - c.1740'.
- Under review: '"Scandall" and "Infamous Connivance": Corruption and the East India Company's Servants in Western India'.
- 'Review of James R. Fichter So Great a Proffitt: How the East Indies Trade Transformed Anglo-American Capitalism', Enterprise and Society Vol. 13, Issue 2 (June 2012).
- Empire and Aftermath Seminar Tutor 2012-2013
- Galleons and Caravans Seminar Tutor 2011-2012
- Making of the Modern World Seminar Tutor 2010-2011 and 2012-2013
- Assistant convenor of the Warwick Eighteenth Century Seminar (with Prof Mark Knights) 2011-2012.
- Europe's Asian Centuries Project Temporary Administrator, September - October 2011
- History Postgraduate SSLC Member 2008-2012 (Chair in 2009-2010 and 2010-2011)
- Research Assistant to Dr. John Lourdusamy, Spring 2011
- Research Assistant to Prof. Margot Finn, Summer 2010
- Global History and Culture Centre Research Assistant, 2007-2012