Conferences and Workshops
• January 2014: ‘Emotion and the Feminist Researcher: Writing Histories of the Women’s Liberation Movement’, ‘Emotion and the Researcher: Workshop 1’, Families, Identities and Research Network, Cardiff University;
• January 2014: ‘“The Personal is Political”? Consciousness-Raising and Changing Definitions of “Therapy” in the British Women’s Liberation Movement, 1969-1979’, British Society for the History of Science 2014 Postgraduate Conference, University of Leeds;
• June 2013: ‘“The Personal is Political”? The Women’s Liberation Movement and Contemporary Psychologies in Britain, 1960-1985: An Oral History Project’, ‘West of England and South Wales Women’s History Network 20th Annual Conference: Women and Protest in a Historical Perspective’, Royal Literary and Scientific Institute, Bath;
• March 2012: ‘“We’re not beautiful or ugly. We’re angry”: Second-wave feminism and the social depictions of women in Britain, 1960-1980’, ‘Women and Media: Representations Past and Present’, Queen’s University, Belfast.
• 2013-Present: Co-organiser of the Centre for the History of Medicine Reading Lunch, University of Warwick;
• 2013-Present: Chair, Postgraduate History Student Staff Liaison Committee, University of Warwick;
• 2012-2013: The West of England and South Wales Women's History Network Committee Member;
• June 2012: Research Assistant, Teesside University.
• January 2014: Material Culture Skills Session, Centre for the History of Medicine, University of Warwick, convened by Dr Jack Elliott;
• May-June 2012: ‘Doing Oral History: Recording, Editing and Presenting Life Stories’, an eight-week training programme at Butetown History and Arts Centre, Cardiff, co-convened by Dr Glenn Jordan and Dr Owen Collins.
Women's Liberation Movement members protest at 'Miss World', 1969 ©GettyImages