- Why did the Reformation fail to stay united?
- What were the major doctrinal differences between Lutherans and the Reformed?
- Which role did the social and political context play?
- Zwingli reports on the 'Colloquy at Marburg', where he failed to find agreement with Luther (1529)
- Franz Hogenberg, The Calvinist Iconoclastic Riot of August 20, 1566 (1588)
- U. Lotz-Heumann (ed.), A Sourcebook of Early Modern History: Life, Death, and Everything in Between (2019), esp. nos. 5-6, 20, 24, 41, 42, 57, 61-2, 71-2, 75
- 'Zurich's lived Reformation': report on a conference held in November 2019
- Website / trailer for the feature film 'Zwingli', directed by Stefan Haupt (2019, in Swiss German)
B. Gordon, The Swiss Reformation (Manchester, 2002), chapter 'Zwingli and Zurich'
Baschera, Luca; Gordon, Bruce; Moser, Christian (eds.), Following Zwingli: Applying the Past in Reformation Zurich (2014)
A. N. Burnett and E. Campi (eds), A Companion to the Swiss Reformation (2016) [featuring chapters on Zurich, Basel, Bern, Schaffhausen plus surveys on 'failed Reformations', Anabaptists, education, culture, poor relief and confessional relations]
S. Dixon and M. Greengrass, 'The Protestant Reformation' (TLTP tutorial), 'Geneva and the Calvinist Reformation' [NB: only the broad outline narrative is accessible at the moment, but it's a good starting point]
Hacke, D., ‘Church, space and conflict: Religious co-existence and political communication in seventeenth-century Switzerland’, in: German History 25 (3/2007), 285-312
Head, R., ‘Fragmented dominion, fragmented Churches: The institutionalization of the Landfrieden in the Thurgau 1531-1610’, in: Archive for Reformation History 96 (2005), 117-144
" , 'The Swiss Reformations: Movements, settlements and re-imagination', in: U. Rublack (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Protestant Reformations (Oxford, 2016)
Holt, Mack, 'Calvin and Reformed Protestantism', in: U. Rublack (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Protestant Reformations (Oxford, 2016)
Kaplan, B., Divided by Faith: Religious Conflict and the Practice of Toleration in Early Modern Europe (New Haven, 2007)
Kissane, C., Food, Religion and Communities in Early Modern Europe (London, 2018), esp. Chapter 4: '"The Eaters": Fast-Breaking Protest in Reformation Zürich', pp. 53-75
Kümin, B., ‘Burgundy and the Swiss Confederation’, in: Rosamond McKitterick (ed.), The Times Medieval World (London, 2003), 208-211
" , 'Rural Society', in: U. Rublack (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Protestant Reformations (Oxford, 2016)
A. Pettegree et al. (eds), Calvinism in Europe, 1540-1620 (1994)
Huldrych Zwingli in a portrait by Albrecht Dürer (1516; Washington National Gallery)