- In what sense was there a Twelfth-Century Renaissance?
- Science: Adelard of Bath: The Impact of Muslim Science and Theophilus: An Essay Upon Diverse Arts, c. 1125
- Art and Architecture: Abbot Suger: On what was done in his administration and Bernard of Clairvaux: Apology
- Abelard and Heloise: Letter II
Barber, The Two Cities, Chapters 16 and 17; 'The Medieval World View' and 'Intellectual Life'.
Bartlett, The Making of Europe, 198-220, 288-291
Power, The Central Middle Ages, 149-177
- The Internet Medieval Sourcebook has sections on intellectual life and on the Renaissance.
- Art History Resources on the Web
- Art and Architecture
- Web Gallery of Art
- Images of Medieval Art and Architecture
- Gothic Artists
- The Online Medieval and Classical Library
- Turning the Pages. Leaf through medieval and Renaissance books (including the sketches of Leonardo da Vinci)
- Digital Scriptorium
- The Translation Movement - Aristotle in Arabic. In Our Time. BBC Radio programme,Thursday, 2October 2008.
- 'Abelard and Heloise'. In Our Time. BBC Radio programme, Thursday 5 May 2005.
- 'Ockham's Razor'. In Our Time. BBC Radio programme, Thursday 31 May 2007.
- Goliardic Verse
- Gaudeamus Igitur. The Goliard song performed by Norwegian choirs.
- Codex Buranus (Carmina Burana) Wheel of Fortune (Schicksalsrad)
- Carmina Burana. Latin texts and English translations.
- Carl Orff, 'O Fortuna' from Carmina Burana. The BBC National Orchestra and Chorus of Wales are the performers.
- 'Dante's Inferno'. In Our Time. BBC Radio programme, Thursday 23 October 2008.
Bolgar, R.R., The Classical Heritage and its Beneficiaries (London, 1973)
Colish, Marcia L., Medieval Foundations of the Western Intellectual Tradition 400-1400 (New Haven and London, 1997)
Gombrich, Ernst, The Story of Art, 14th ed. (Oxford, 1984)
Huizinga, J., The Waning of the Middle Ages (Harmondsworth, 1955)
Le Goff, Jacques, Intellectuals in the Middle Ages, trans. T.L. Fagan (Cambridge, Mass., 1993)
Murray, A., Reason and Society in the Middle Ages (Oxford, 1985) [2002 ed online]
Panofsky, E., Renaissance and Renascences in Western Art (London, 1972)
Piltz, A., The World of Medieval Learning, trans. David Jones (Oxford, 1981)
Price, B.B., Medieval Thought: An Introduction (Oxford, 1992)
Sekules, Veronica, Medieval Art (Oxford, 2001)
Southern, Richard, Medieval Humanism and Other Studies (Oxford, 1970)
The Twelfth Century Renaissance
Abulafia, Anna Sapir, Christians and Jews in the twelfth-century Renaissance (Routledge, 1995)
Benson, Robert, et al. (eds.), Renaissance and Renewal in the Twelfth Century (Oxford, 1982)
Brooke, Christopher, The Twelfth Century Renaissance (Thames and Hudson, 1969)
Haskins, Charles Homer, The Renaissance of the Twelfth Century (Cambridge, Mass., 1927)
Swanson, R.N., The Twelfth-Century Renaissance (Manchester, 1999)
Noble, Thomas F.X and John Van Engen, eds. European Transformations: The Long Twelfth Century (University of Notre Dame Press, 2012)