Enrolment for this course is now closed and details for summer 2018 will be added nearer the time
By the end of module, students should be able to:
• apply a basic knowledge of grammar appropriate to the level
• apply strategies for understanding gist and specific information
• have insight into everyday life in the French speaking world
• recognise familiar words and phrases when spoken slowly
• understand short texts in the target language, dealing with everyday material
• write short simple texts, including personal details
• ask and answer questions on familiar topics
BBC Talk French Book + CD Pack ISBN: 978-1406679007 (New edition released 18/08/14)
All text books can be purchased from the University Bookshop, telephone: (024) 7652 3388
The syllabus will include the following:
This course will cover items such as: introducing and describing people; expressing preferences, asking for and giving directions; buying things, ordering food and drinks and booking a hotel.
This course will provide an introduction to the fundamental features and essential basic structures of the French language, making it possible to function in a range of everyday situations using the present tense.