Enrolment for this course is now closed and details for summer 2018 will be added nearer the time
By the end of module, students should be able to:
• apply a basic knowledge of grammar appropriate to the level
• apply strategies for understanding gist and specific information
• have insight into everyday life in Italy
• recognise familiar words and phrases when spoken slowly
• understand short texts in the target language, dealing with everyday material
• write short simple texts, including personal details
• ask and answer questions on familiar topics
BBC Talk Italian Book + CD Pack ISBN:978-1406678994 (New edition released 20/08/14)
All text books can be purchased from the University Bookshop, telephone: (024) 7652 3388.
The syllabus will include the following:
This module will cover items such as: greetings, introductions, asking for and giving personal information, asking for and giving directions, describing family and places, ordering food and drinks, booking a room in a hotel, enquiring about timetables, buying tickets for a trip, talking about likes and dislikes.
This module will provide an introduction to the fundamental features and essential basic structures of the Italian language, both of which are necessary to communicate in a range of everyday situations using the present tense.